Appointment, Cancellation and Payment Policies
We understand that illness, emergencies, flat tires, and bad weather occur. Whenever possible, we ask our patients to give us 48 hours' notice if they cannot keep an appointment. This allows us time to fill our schedule with other patients who may be waiting.
Policy and Fees:
• There is no charge for cancellation or rescheduling of an appointment with 48 hours or more notification
• Cancellation or rescheduling of an appointment less than 48 hours and up to 24 hours may or may not be considered a broken appointment; it will be at our discretion. This largely depends on the amount of patient treatments that were scheduled.
Failure to give 24-hour advance notice:
• Cancellation of appointment will be charged $50.00 per patient that was scheduled
Definition of "Broken Appointment”: A broken appointment is when you:
• Cancel or reschedule an appointment with less than 24-hour notice
• Do not show up for the scheduled appointment or arrive more than 30 minutes late to the appointment.
Payment for the missed/canceled appointment charge along with the treatment charge for the next visit will need to be paid, in advance, prior to the doctor allowing the patient to be scheduled for treatment.
The appointment you schedule is reserved for the patient. When you fail to keep your appointment without providing us adequate notice, this adds to the overall cost of care.
All appointments are mobile appointments so please understand that your set appointment time is more of a "window" or time frame. The scheduled doctor will keep you updated if they are running later than the allotted time window. This is because mobile appointments are for equine care, and horses may take longer than expected. The doctor always tries to stay on schedule, however there are many times that she encounters difficult cases, bad weather or traffic that end up delaying the appointments throughout the day.
In the mobile setting, the doctor organizes the schedule as a route. This helps to prevent the waste of time and resources, driving long distances across town and back. This also allows for more patients to be treated in a day, which helps keep operating costs and prices more affordable, as well as allowing us to keep the trip charge low or non-existent.
We appreciate your understanding and consideration regarding our appointment policy and if you have any questions or concerns, never hesitate to ask us.
Payment for patient treatments are due at the time of the treatment, unless payment arrangements are made prior to your appointment and arrival of the doctor. Failure to pay for treatment, at the time of treatment or before, could result in a collection charge of $25.00 being added to your account. In some cases, payment for services may be required prior to scheduling treatment. We accept Cash, Check, Venmo, PayPal (F&F), Zelle, and credit cards (3.5%+.10 transaction fee). Please let us know if you have any questions.