Appointment, Cancellation and Payment Policies
Please click on the section you would like to open
We understand that illness, emergencies, flat tires, and bad weather occur. Whenever possible, we ask our patients to give us 48 hours' notice if they cannot keep an appointment. This allows us time to fill our schedule with other patients who may be waiting.
Policy and Fees:
• In the event the doctor arrives at the appointment and is prevented from treating or not able to treat the patient, the full treatment charge is still required to be paid
• We do not offer free evaluations of patients before treatment. Any evaluations incur the full treatment charge
• There is no charge for cancellation or rescheduling of an appointment with 48 hours or more notification
• Cancellation or rescheduling of an appointment less than 48 hours and up to 24 hours may or may not be considered a broken appointment; it will be at our discretion. This largely depends on the number of patient treatments that were scheduled.
Failure to give 24-hour advance notice:
• Cancellation of appointment will be charged $50.00 per patient that was scheduled
Definition of "Broken Appointment”: A broken appointment is when you:
• Cancel or reschedule an appointment with less than 24-hour notice
• Do not show up for the scheduled appointment or arrive more than 30 minutes late to the appointment.
Payment for the missed/canceled appointment charge along with the treatment charge for the next visit will need to be paid, in advance, before the doctor allows the patient to be scheduled for treatment.
The appointment you scheduled is reserved for the patient. When you fail to keep your appointment without providing us adequate notice, this adds to the overall cost of care.
All appointments are mobile appointments so please understand that your set appointment time is more of a "window" or time frame. The scheduled doctor will keep you updated if they are running later than the allotted time window. This is because mobile appointments are for equine care, and horses may take longer than expected. The doctor always tries to stay on schedule, however, there are many times that she encounters difficult cases, bad weather, or traffic that end up delaying the appointments throughout the day.
In the mobile setting, the doctor organizes the schedule as a route. This helps to prevent the waste of time and resources, driving long distances across town and back. This also allows for more patients to be treated in a day, which helps keep operating costs and prices more affordable, as well as allowing us to keep the trip charge low or non-existent.
We appreciate your understanding and consideration regarding our appointment policy and if you have any questions or concerns, never hesitate to ask us.
Payment for services is due at the time of the appointment unless payment arrangements are made prior to the scheduling of the appointment. Failure to pay for services at the time of the appointment or before may result in a charge of $25.00 being added to your account. In some cases, because of previous payment issues, payment for services may be required prior to the scheduling of your appointment. Accepted payment methods are Cash, Check, Zelle, Venmo, and Credit Cards (Credit Cards will be charged a 3.5% + .10 transaction fee). Please let us know if you have any questions.